Thursday, April 14, 2011

Wood Can Be Pretty Cool

I was riding around killing the rest of my lunch hour this week and saw a huge pile of logs along the edge of the road. (some kind of pulp wood business). There were some REALLY interesting logs on the pile and I took a bunch of pics, but these are the ones I liked the most. Hope you enjoy them.


To me this one looks almost like you're looking down into a canyon of stone instead of decayed piece of wood. I used auto, but got in real close to get the effect.


This had to be te most interesting piece of wood I saw. I would LOVE to cut about 2-3 feet back from this end and make a table out of it. The shape is really cool and the colors are beautiful.


Playing around a little.


Getting real goofy now, but I thought it was kinda cool.


A nice play on life and death here. The vine is growing and living while crossing the log that has ended its life, but is ready to go to the next period of its existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment