Monday, July 11, 2011

4th Of July In Franklin, Tn

Spent the Independence Day weekend in Nashville, TN and on Monday Allison and I took off for Franklin, TN. It's one of our favorite places to visit and we knew that the celebrations would be pure small town America. We were right and it was great. I'll post some normal pictures later, but for now check out these pictures that I've played with and some that just speak to me.



The last time we were in Franklin the theater was pretty run down looking. Since then they've done a nice restoration and have it looking pretty damn nice. Straight out of the old days as a matter of fact. One of the great things about small towns and holidays is that they shut down Main street and do stuff like having Vintage cars park up and down the street. Because of this I got a good shot of the theater that looks straight out of the history books. This one I converted to B&W. I really like it with that old time feel.


This one a played with in Photoshop and kinda got an artsy old postcard kind of look. I dig this one too.


Great shot of what a small town Main Street looks like on the 4th of July.


Vintage signs like this are one of my favorite things to hunt down and take pictures of. This one has obviously been restored and it looks great.


The statue in the Courthouse square. What kind of small Southern town doesn't have a Confederate soldier monument. This one even has cannons around it, but with all the party stuff going on I didn't get any good pictures of them. I LOVE small towns and Franklin is one of the best. They have embraced commerce and modern America a few miles away beside the Interstate, but here in the old historic downtown it is kept as cool and historic as is reasonable. They've done a great job!

2 comments:

  1. This place was pretty cool. I remember talking to you and getting your card while I was there with my wife visiting relatives and celebrating her birthday...reminds me of our hometown here in California. Hope all is going well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! It's good to hear from you. I really enjoyed hanging out and talking while we were both busy snapping a bunch of pictures ;-) Hope life is treating you well and maybe we'll run into each other again one day on the road.

    ReplyDelete