Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My 4 Day Weekend in New Orleans

My Wife and I took off for a 4 day weekend and went to New Orleans for the "Crescent City Blues and BBQ Festival". We had a great time and saw some great musicians. We spent a lot of time just wandering in the French Quarter taking pictures (like that is a surprise, me taking pictures ). I won't string this out too far, but it will take a day or two to share some of the fun we had. Our Hotel was actually the top of another building. The bottom of the hotel was a bank and some offices, but from the 11th floor up it was a hotel. It was kinda weird, but kinda cool too. One cool thing is that they had a pool and deck area on the 18th floor so of course we went up there for me to take some pictures.


I took this picture Saturday night. I wedged the camera into the rail around the roof and used a 1 second shutter setting. This may be my favorite pic of the trip.


I took this one from our room window on the 13th floor.


I really like old signs, I saw this one while we were walking to the St. Louis #1 cemetery. That's the cemetery where they filmed part of Easy Rider.


On top of one of the graves in the cemetery.


A tree outside Louis Armstrong park. I love the lines of full grown mature trees. They are almost always interesting.


This bird decided to pose for me while Allison and I were sitting on a park bench resting. She saw him first and I was able to get the shot.



No comments:

Post a Comment