Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Saturday's Airshow At The Barber's Vintage Festival.

This weekend was the Vintage Bike Festival at Barber's Motorsports Park. It's always a great time and one of the highlights is the airshow during lunch on both days. It's always the Aeroshell Aerobatic Team flying their T-6 Texans and the show is always unbelievable. Today I'm posting the pics I took on Saturday, I was standing in the Swap Meet area during the show, but I still got some pretty good pictures. Of course I took these with my Canon G-12 with a LOT of zoom and trying to anticipate the shutter delay with getting the planes in the shot. It takes some practice, but I think I got some good pictures. Check em out and let me know what you think.


Climbing out after a low pass.


A nice TIGHT formation. I've been in one of these planes and can tell you that you can't see around you all that well. To be able to fly this close to each other is a major feat.


Going over the top.


Beauty pass.


Diving in for another maneuver.



1 comment:

  1. Nice shots Jeff. I got to go up in one as a kid when my old man used to fly at the Base Aeroclub back East at Westover AFB. He did several hammerhead stalls before I cried "Uncle!".Your right, a whole different perspective than being in a Cessna.

    ReplyDelete